To gain deep knowledge about Vastu Sastra, you would typically study the following subjects:
1. Vastu Sastra Texts: Begin by studying the foundational texts of Vastu Sastra, such as the "Vishwakarma Vastu Shastra" and the "Mayamata." These texts outline the principles, theories, and guidelines for designing and constructing buildings in accordance with Vastu.
2. Sanskrit and Ancient Indian Literature: Familiarize yourself with Sanskrit, as many of the original Vastu Sastra texts are written in this ancient language. Additionally, studying ancient Indian literature, such as the Vedas and Puranas, can provide a broader understanding of the cultural and philosophical context in which Vastu Sastra developed.
3. Architectural Principles: Acquire knowledge of architectural principles and design concepts, including topics such as spatial planning, layout, proportions, orientation, and the use of materials. Understanding architectural theories and practices will help you apply Vastu principles effectively.
4. Astrology and Astronomy: Vastu Sastra is closely connected to astrology and astronomy. Studying these subjects will deepen your understanding of the cosmic and celestial influences on architectural design, including the positioning of structures, entrances, and interior spaces.
5. Geology and Geomancy: Gain knowledge of geology and geomancy to comprehend the relationship between the physical environment and Vastu principles. This includes understanding the impact of landforms, soil types, and natural energy flows on site selection and building design.
6. Symbolism and Iconography: Familiarize yourself with the rich symbolism and iconography embedded in Vastu Sastra. This involves studying the meanings and significance of various architectural elements, motifs, sculptures, and sacred symbols used in Vastu design.
7. Case Studies and Practical Experience: Study real-life case studies of Vastu-compliant buildings and analyze their design principles and features. Practical experience in the field, such as working with architects or Vastu consultants, can provide valuable insights and a deeper understanding of Vastu principles in practice.
8. Contemporary Vastu Practices: Keep abreast of contemporary Vastu practices and developments. This involves staying updated on modern interpretations, adaptations, and applications of Vastu principles, considering the evolving needs and contexts of present-day architecture and design.
It's important to note that Vastu Sastra is a complex field with different interpretations and regional variations. Therefore, engaging with knowledgeable experts, attending workshops or courses, and continually expanding your understanding through research and exploration will contribute to gaining a deeper knowledge of Vastu Sastra.